Thursday, February 02, 2012

Suggested book for February 2012

The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause

Genre: young adult fantasy

February is the month of love. So, fittingly, I have selected a romanticky book for my suggestion. My recollection of this book is fuzzy, because I read it once when I was 14 or 15. But it really made an impression on me, because whenever I try to think of books that I've read in the past, this is almost always the one I think of first. I'm honestly a little afraid to try reading it again, just in case it's terrible now.

What I remember is this: teenage girl's mother is sick, teenage girl falls in love with sexy vampire boy (I KNOW, but this was written way before Twilight), vampire boy and teenage girl try to defeat evil vampire threat... you get the picture. I won't tell you the ending :P

I remember feeling a tenderness for this book; it's a melancholy, delicate romance. I hope you enjoy reading it at least as much as I do reminiscing about it.

2 comments:

  1. I actually read this book too! Wow, talk about taking me back a few years. But I would agree, its a good YA love story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and re-read it. I've been thinking about it too much lately, and I have to know if it holds up now that I'm no longer 14.

    ReplyDelete